Apply to be a presenter
Who are we?
We are a not-for-profit organisation providing sustainability advice specifically for those living in rental accommodation. Renters are a growing part of the community and we believe their involvement is vital and possible.
Green Renters is a small not-for-profit providing sustainable living advice specifically for those living in rental property. Renters are a growing part of the community and we believe their involvement is vital and possible. As the only organisation specifically for renters we deliver workshops, host events and run projects.
A volunteer board of management governs Green Renters and day-to-day duties are carried out by a combination of contract and unpaid volunteers.
Outreach, workshops and projects Officer
Our workshop program is our most popular activity with over 100 run in the past 18 months. We cover topics from our general ‘Sustainable living in Rental properties’ to lifestyle topics such as making your own jams and beauty products. With more requests for sessions in other cities (outside of Melbourne) and regional areas we’re struggling to run them all and need a few more hands on deck. We run workshops in different subjects, applications are welcome from those who have a little experience in all subjects or detailed knowledge in specific subjects. We pride ourselves on providing accessible, enjoyable workshops that aren’t a sales pitch or a sermon, the base premise and aim being that attendees may come for a variety of reasons, but they will leave at least thinking about sustainability.
- Represent Green renters and what we stand for
- Promote our work and activities
- Deliver workshops sessions ranging for 30 minutes to 3 hours
- Be aware of local issues and resources relevant to the area of delivery
- Use and utilise our internal systems for managing workshops and attendees
Key selection criteria
- Experience presenting in front of a crowd
- Demonstrated experience in practical sustainability subjects
- Knowledge of different cohorts of renters and their special/specific needs.
- Friendly and professional
- To be a renter
- Car may be useful for regional areas
- Social media and marketing know-how
Variable, generally 1-3 hour sessions. You may be occasionally asked to attend un-billable meetings, but these will be kept to a minimum.
Terms of Employment
- Casual hourly rate plus materials allowance.
- Sessions will be allocated as they come up and dependent on your availability.
- You will be asked to sign an intellectual property agreement with respect to the resources we supply.
- You will be asked to agree to not undertaking any work running similar sessions whilst contracted to Green Renters Inc.
Fill in form below, outlining how you feel you meet the requirements outlined above.